Knittin' Club

Saturday, November 06, 2004

Amy's Knit Wit Book Signing

So today I went to Amy's Knit Wit book signing at Threadbear in Lansing, MI. I ahve never been to this yarn store before, but let me tell you that I will be going back again and again. It was absoluetly amazing! And then there was the great company.
Knitty Group


I finally got to meet everyone that I ahve been talking to for so long. And they are wonderful people!! Lippysid brought me a bag of the most wonderful recycled and not recycled yarn. SHe has such good luck in Goodwill. Miss Amy herself was just as I expected her, a pleaseure to be around. Here's the 2 of us...
Amy and Me

I went with one of the ladies in my Knitting Group, Nicole. It was great getting to spend time hanging out with you!!
Nicloe and Me

All in all, a day well spent (and some money too, but that will come later.)

I started the Incredible Top Down Ragland for my son in a light green Manos color. So far it fits, so maybe my thrid sweater attempt will be the one that finally gets worn!

5 Comments:

Kristina, it was fun meeting you today at Threadbear. And I didn't mention it at the store, but your Clapotis is beautiful. Great pictures with Amy; mine didn't come out nearly as good.
Sharon (Knitknacks)
I really REALLY wanted to make it to Threadbear yesterday for the book signing. I haven't made the trek over to Lansing from the east side yet to check out the new store. I thought meeting Amy and getting my book signed would be my incentive to finally get there, but life got in the way. Looks like you had a fun time.
Hi! That's me in the striped sweater with hands on hips, looking to take over the world. I agree: T-Bears is very cool. Amy very cool.
The above commenter (marcia) can be found at purlsb4swine.blogspot.com
Oh, I'm so jealous -- both of the knitty meeting and what looks like a HUGEMUNGOUS yarn store(!!!!)

I wish I didn't live in the boonies.

Thanks for posting the pics!

Post a Comment

Knittin' Club Rules